U.S. Senator Joe Lieberman, serving 1989-2013, has established the Joe Lieberman Connecticut Scholarship Fund to assist outstanding high school seniors from Connecticut who plan to continue their education in college or vocational school programs. These are renewable scholarships which are awarded for full-time study at an accredited institution of the student’s choice.
- Up to five $1500 awards each year.
- Awards may be renewed for up to three additional years with a cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
Who is Eligible? Applicants must:
- Be United States citizens or permanent legal residents.
- Be high school seniors who reside in Connecticut and attend public or private high schools or home school in Connecticut.
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two-year or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school for the entire upcoming academic year.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership potential and a record of community service.
How Are Winners Selected?
- Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of academic record, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, work experience, statement of career and educational goals and objectives, unusual personal or family circumstances, and an outside appraisal.
- Financial need is not considered.
- Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate outstanding leadership potential and record of community service.
Awards are for undergraduate study only.
- The first 500 applications received will be opened and processed; therefore students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
- Applications must be postmarked no later than April 1.
Joe Lieberman Connecticut Scholarship
Or phone: 1-507-931-1682 and ask for the Joe Lieberman Connecticut Scholarship Program
Sharon Epstein is owner of First Impressions College Consulting in Redding, Connecticut. Need help? I work with students everywhere: in-person, over the phone, Skype, and by email. Visit my website for more info. Connect with me on Google+, Pinterest and Twitter.