I’ve written a five-part series that gives you:
- The exact Common Application essay questions
- What the questions mean
- How to brainstorm topics for each idea
- What the colleges are looking for in your answers
- How to know if an idea is right for you
- How to avoid the pitfalls.
- Plus examples of essay topics!
Here are the links to the posts in the series:
How to Write Common App Prompt #1: Background, Talent, Identity, or Interest
How to Write Common App Prompt #2: A Time you Experienced Failure
How to Write Common App Prompt #3: Challenged a Belief or Idea
How to Write Common App Prompt #4: Problem You’ve Solved or Would Like to Solve
How to Write Common App Prompt #5: Transition from Childhood to Adulthood
Write what you’re passionate about and always ask yourself: What positive experiences, values, qualities, ideas, goals, relationships or accomplishments do I want the colleges to know about me? Then have fun writing!