Join Me for a Free Program: “The ABC’s of Writing a Great College Application Essay”
- April 23 – Brookfield Library, Brookfield, CT. 7pm. I’ll be joined by Matthew Dempsey, Assistant Admission Officer at Fairfield University.
- April 30 – Mark Twain Library, Redding, CT. 7pm. I’ll be joined by Ken Higgins, Director of Undergraduate Admissions at Sacred Heart University
- How to write a great college application essay
- What schools look for when they read your essays
- How to approach the new prompts on the 2013 Common Application
It’s from two points of view: how to write college application essays, and what colleges look for when they read those essays.
I’ll give you an overview of the college essay writing process, including what schools look for, good and bad topic choice, and how to make every essay unique. Matthew and Ken will discuss how you can approach the new 2013 Common App essay prompts, what kind of essays work and don’t work, and how essays are viewed in the context of the entire application.
Who Should Come:
High school students and their families. Freshman and sophomores are welcome, too. Bring your questions. It’s never too early to begin to understand what this application business is all about!
Sharon Epstein is owner of First Impressions College Consulting in Redding, Connecticut. Need help with essay writing, interview skills, and organizing your college search? I work with students everywhere: in-person, over the phone, Skype, and by email. Visit my website for more info. Connect with me on Google+, Pinterest and Twitter.